The good news is that we ( You and us) are doing something very positive that will help create a safe place for biodiversity to thrive – creating new biodiverse woodlands so our supported and protected areas do not allow for biodiversity under attack. But, best we remember why we need to do it quickly. Here are some current facts that will reinforce why we do what we do ( You and us!)
Biodiversity under attack
About one million ( creatures, plants and Fungi) species face the threat of extinction
· Over 50 yrs, a 68% average decline in the population numbers of mammals, birds.
· At least 680 species have gone extinct since the 1500’s
· Extinction threatens more than 40% of amphibians
· By 2022, more than 9% of all breeds of mammals used for food had gone extinct.
· 1,000 more other species are under pressure to survive
· Our activities are overusing the planet’s bio-capacity by about 56%
· The planet lost 100 million hectares of tropical forest from over twenty years!
· Climate change poses a threat to over 4161 species
· Around 1 in 10 insect species are facing extinction
· The population size of creatures living in lakes, rivers – has declined by 83% since 1970
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.